Tuesday 8 July 2014

Tile Makeover

When we moved in to our flat I there wasn't much about the place I didn't like. But there was one thing that made me cringe at the thought - the tiles. The obvious problem with renting is you can't do much to make the place your own. Hammer a few nails in the walls to stick photos up at the cost of your deposit is pretty much it. I thought all hope was lost until I discovered tile stickers on eBay. They're relatively cheap, easy to remove, and they're a great temporary quick fix. I went for grey because I hoped it would compliment the largely neutral tone of the kitchen/lounge/dining room (yes -our flat is pretty much two rooms). The tiles are easy to apply and the whole kitchen probably took an hour. The only downsides are that: a) I ran out of stickers b) the air bubbles that were supposed to disappear within days are still there weeks later, and c) I still haven't got round to buying the 10 extra stickers I need! So here's what it looks like before and after:






No comments:

Post a Comment